"A plastic surgeon should have the same eye for balance, harmony and proportion as an artist. It is my personal goal to serve as both surgeon and artist, helping each patient achieve natural-looking, balanced improvements to their bodies."
-- Dr. Michael Yates
- Undergraduate: B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Mississippi State University
- Medical school: University of Alabama in Birmingham
- Surgery and plastic surgery residency: Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee
- Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Alabama Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- American Society of Lasers in Surgery and Medicine
- Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honorary
- Phi Kappa Phi Scholastic Honorary
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honorary
Personal Dr. Yates and his wife, Karen, are graduates of Mississippi State University where they both received degrees in chemical engineering. They have a daughter named Kelsey and son-in- law Andrew. The family enjoys running and spending time with their fox terriers, “Moon” Rock and “Lunar” Rover and many other 4-legged friends.